Monday 18 April 2016

Running Barefoot, testing the Vibram KSO EVO

I started running barefoot because I had knee pain after running the marathon of Berlin 2015. I was not trained enough, and I am stubborn and wanted to finish no matter what... I passed the finish line in 4:32:12 swearing I would never run a marathon again. Two month without running later I has still pain each time I tried to run. After reading blog after blog, some telling me that running barefoot helped them with knee pain, I said what the hell lets try (It cannot be worse).

So I bought them because they where not that expensive and recommended by other barefoot runners.

 

It was a success. It has been 3 months and I do not suffer from knee pain. To be honest I cannot tell if it is the barefoot shoes and/or better training. The fact is I can now run more that 10km barefoot with a normal pace (see below).




I started with very short distance and with a very slow pace. Something like 5km with a pace of 6:00 and increased each week a little both speed and distance. I only run once a week with the Vibram KSO EVO and never for an interval training.

By the way I changed my mind about long distances and I will run an ultra trail in December 2016 http://www.saintelyon.com/ (72 km)

If you have a different experience, please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment